Thank you for your interest in employment with the Great Basin Community Food Coop.
Produce team member position open: Produce Department Team member position.
Purpose of the role: To ensure fully stocked produce displays in a clean, safe environment while providing the highest standards of customer service.
Starting wage: $10-12 DOE, between 27-35 hours per week
We are seeking someone with an interest in local food, and with the ability to work quickly and steadily. The individual should be motivated about produce as well as customer service, with a positive attitude and commitment to sustainability and cooperation. We are seeking a person with long-term goals to work in the food system.
• Abundantly stock the produce department, artistically arrange, rotate, front and face displays and shelves.
• Properly set up and break down wet rack.
• Constantly maintain wet rack.
• Adhere to all store and department training guidelines.
• Check produce condition and invoice accuracy on all deliveries.
• Trim and cull produce. Properly dispose of unsellable items.
• Coordinate storage of items for return with department coordinator.
• Advise department coordinator of equipment repair/replacement needs.
• Work closely with the department coordinator to develop and revise department procedures as necessary.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by department coordinators.
Kitchen Staff: Prep Cook Position Open: We are looking for a motivated, production-oriented individual to work in our natural and organic prepared foods kitchen. The position is Thurs-Sunday, 5:30am-2pm, starting wage $11.00. Kitchen experience preferred.
Please submit your application by February 26th.
Applications are downloadable below or available in hard copy at the register. Please return to the Coop, attention HR. GBCFC is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the employment application, or pick one up in the store. Completed applications should be returned to any staff person in the store; or mailed to: Great Basin Community Food Coop, Attn: Human Resources, 240 Court St, Reno, NV 89501; or sent as an attachment to email@example.com.
Employment applications are considered inactive after 30 days. After that, if you wish to be considered for employment, another application must be completed.
For more information contact the GBCFC’s Human Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek to provide a safe, supportive work environment for our employees. We strive to provide opportunities to build skills, to support career development, and to maximize involvement in decision making. Learn more about the Great Basin Community Food Coop’s Purpose Statement and Goals