The Great Basin Community Food Co-op (GBCFC) is open to the public every day of the week from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Everyone is Welcome, Anyone Can Join!
Own your grocery store! You can become a member during your next visit to the co-op, it only takes a moment. Member benefits begin immediately and just $20 will get you started on your investment toward a stronger, healthier Nevada-grown economy. The full membership share is $200 per person, most of our members choose to pay this in $20 installments over the course of 10 years. We Own It!
Shopping at the GBCFC
The GBCFC accepts food stamps, credit cards, local checks* and cash. *only members are eligible to write checks at the co-op.
Benefits of Shopping at the GBCFC
There are many benefits to becoming a member at the GBCFC, here are just a few:
- You are an actual owner of Nevada’s only currently existing food co-op and you play a big role in supporting our local food system.
- You are eligible to become a Hands On Owner and receive additional discounts.
- You can vote at any GBCFC election.
- You are entitled to receive GBCFC newsletters, which include quarterly coupons for member-owners only.
- You are eligible to run for a seat on the GBCFC Board of Directors.
- You may place bulk special orders at wonderful prices!
In addition to the personal perks, when you sign up for a membership at The Great Basin Community Food Co-op, you are helping our organization build necessary capital to sustain day-to-day maintenance and support future growth. Again, you are playing an active role in creating Reno’s local food system! Learn more about food co-operatives and the GBCFC’s purpose statement and goals!
Thank you for supporting GBCFC!
Community Partners, Non Profits and Local Producer Accounts
Community Partners are local and like-minded businesses, producers & organizations that choose to support the co-op in return for access to the best of Northern Nevada produce via DROPP and other products at a discount. If you are interested in becoming a GBCFC Community Partner, contact email@example.com or follow the link below for detailed information.