Some of the local produce available this week (as of Oct. 22, 2010)
- big rainbow heirloom tomatoes- this is the last of ‘em!
- loose topped carrots – can get bulk for juicing, local and a great deal at $.90/lb!
- dill- special order for pickling, not aesthetically pleasing. Good for canning
- dried garlic chips and powder
- green onion bunches
- fresh mint
- honey sticks
- horseradish mustard
- lip balms
- napa/chinese cabbage
- NEW — oyster mushrooms (in the case or bulk. They have 75lb available this week. Ask about good bulk deals!)
- red cabbage
- slicing tomatoes
- NEW — sweet white turnips
- Roma tomatoes
- rainbow carrot bunches
- pastured chicken eggs
- zucchini- mixed variety
Visit our Local Produce Available this Week page (produce.greatbasinfood.coop) to see the complete list of what we have in-stock this week at your Co-op from local farmers, and to view the UNFI and Veritable Vegetable produce availability lists.
Remember special orders are wholesale plus 15%. If you volunteer eight (8) hours of your time a month, you receive wholesale costs. Learn more about special order mark-up structure and volunteering (joining the member-worker program) at your co-op!