What’s Local at the Co-op this Week?
- Green Zucchini- Lattin Farms
- Heirloom Cherries- Miss Me Not Farms in Washoe Valley
- Bulk Arugula from Spanish Spring Greens
- Pea and Sunflower Shoots from Earth Alchemy
- English Peas from Ecologica Farm in Washoe Vallley
- Locally raised Pork (variety cuts) from Girl Farm
Learn more about our local producers at http://dropp.coop.
Local Recipe of the Week:
Arugula salad with satueed onoions and soft chevre goat cheese:
sautee yellow sweet onion in a pan with olive oil or butter (you can also add in bacon at this point if you like that sort of thing). Next add a bit of garlic and turn off heat to let cool a bit but not entirely. Add a bit more olive oil and some flax oil (if you’ve got it it for some extra omega 3, dont heat this part though). You can then add some Apple Cider Vinegar or balsamic vinegar, a bit of Celtic Sea Salt (in the bulk spices dept.) and a bit of pepper. Take this dressing and dress your local arugula from Spanish Spring Greens and mix thoroughly. Then crumble on some creamy chev, the co-op has several varieties (montchev, laura chenelle, and Cypress Grove in the chill dept.). From there you can get creative and in strawberries, avocado, walnuts, local pea shoots from Earth Alchemy Farms, etc. Enjoy!
Grocery Department Sales Until June 30th:
- Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss-all varieties $4.99
- Julies Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt-all varieties $3.99
- C2o Coconut Water-by the case $24.99
- Blue Diamond Almond Milk-all varieties $1.99
- Napa Valley Organic Olive Oil-750ml $10.99
- Barbaras Cheese Puffs-all varieties 2 for $4.00