2012 Board Election Nominations Announcement
The GBCFC Board of Directors is pleased to announce our nominees for the 2012 board election, scheduled for September. Currently the board has five members and with this year’s election we will expand to seven members. In the past few months we have been recruiting candidates to run for the two additional seats. Our goal was to nominate four or five people that we knew would make excellent board members, so that whoever was elected, the co-op’s interests would be well served. We believe we have achieved that with the nominees listed below. All of them are strongly committed to the GBCFC, cooperative principles, and the local food movement. In addition, they each bring unique and valuable experience that would greatly enhance our board.
Board recruitment is a year-round activity, so if you are interested in applying for nomination in the 2013 election or future years, you can submit an application any time. Application packets are available at the information booth in the store, or you can contact the board to request one by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2012 Board of Directors Election Nominees
- Kara Bunting – Kara is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Reno and joined the GBCFC in 2006…
- Chris Moore – Chris is a graduate student in Biology at the University of Nevada, Reno and joined the co-op three years ago…
- Skye Telka – Skye grew up on a small farm in Washoe Valley and after going away to college and working in the Bay Area for several years, she moved back to our area in 2010. Since joining the GBCFC in October that year…
- Dagny Stapleton – Dagny has been a member-owner of the GBCFC since 2005 and through her employment with the Nevada Rural Electric Association…
Farm Tour Saturday July 21 at Girl Farm and Sierra Valley Farms!
Where are we going: Girl Farm and Sierra Valley Farms
Food: Eat Lunch before meeting, we will have time at 1:30 to eat a snack or lunch if you can wait that long.
What to bring: Bring hat, sun protection, plenty of water, and a snack
Time: Meet at co-op at 11:15am. We should arrive back to the GBCFC a bit before 5pm.
Where’s Waldo at the co-op??
GBCFC has partnered with Sundance Bookstore and several other local businesses for the Where’s Waldo 25th Anniversary. To continue the endless search for this famous American icon you can join in by visiting the co-op, locating Waldo (hint: very chilly) and picking up a card with instructions and other participating locations. Waldo hunt ends July 31st…learn more about the festivities planned by Sundance Bookstore HERE.
Farm Fresh For Kids!!
This month, the Co-op will be partnering with Farm Fresh For Kids, a program run by Davidson Academy students, to help low-income children consume more fresh produce. Through doctors’ offices, FFFK will distribute coupons, which will be redeemable for fruits and vegetables at our store. To donate to Farm Fresh For Kids, visithttp://www.farmfreshforkids.
JULY IN-STORE SALES!!!
- Strauss Ice Cream 2 for $7
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins 2 for $4
- Guayaki Mate (glass) $1.99
- Late July Chips 2 for $4
- Lundberg Rice Chips $2.19
- Mediterranean Organic Olives $3.99
- Napa Valley Organic EVOO $9.99
- Napa Vally Vinegars $3.99
- Natures Path Flax Plus Cereals $3.19
- Natures Path Granolas $3.19