Yelp’s International Supper Club – the Israeli Experience
September 30 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
You are invited…
The best way to experience a culture is through it’s food! And this month, Israeli cuisine is coming to Reno for the first time thanks to the talents of Dough Catering and the Great Basin Community Food Co-op!
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFO THAT FOLLOWS:
The theme for this CMYE is “community” and it will bring together friends new and old, and give us all the opportunity to experience a cuisine strangely absent from our culinary scene. We’ll be dining in the warm and inviting community space upstairs at the Great Basin Community Food Co-op, and as is often the custom in Israel, this meal will be served family style, encouraging great conversation and bringing us all just a little bit closer!
Here’s how it works –
Dinner starts at 6PM, but please arrive early to explore the Co-op and meet the great member owners who operate it! It’s a beautiful store with an exceptional array of products, and their selection of local produce is second to none! You are sure to be amazed.
Dough Catering has prepared an Israeli Experience featuring 9 dishes using locally sourced ingredients supplied by the Great Basin Community Food Co-op (See Below) and paired with beer from Pigeon Head Brewery, Reno’s newest, and only lager brewery! Pigeon Head owners James and Eddie will be in attendance, and there’s a good chance some of the farmers might be there as well!
The menu is a fixed price at $40 per person, which includes beers from Pigeon Head Brewery, Reno’s only lager brewery, as well as tax and gratuities!
With Check-In on Yelp at the event, each guest will also receive a very special Yelp Shops Local bag filled with all sorts of goodies, entitling everyone to member pricing at the Great Basin Community Food Co-op for one month, and a raffle ticket for gift certificates and more!
To keep with the theme, we’re asking everyone to participate a bit:
– Beer pairs great with this food, but if beer isn’t your thing or you just want a little something extra, this event is going to be BYOB, with the last “B” standing for beverage. Bring enough to share with some friends.
– Everyone has a favorite Wine/Drinking glass, so please bring your favorite! Feel free to be creative too! We’ll have glasses for water and beer, but this will make it a lot more fun!
To attend, RSVP with your Yelp account and feel free to RSVP for a guest. Seating at this event is going to be VERY limited, so if you don’t have a guest at the time of RSVP, please do not RSVP for one! Make sure and answer the question too because that’s how we will decide what YISC events to hold in the future!
The Israeli Experience (9 Dishes served family style in 4 courses):
– Falafel, tahini, zhug, pickled shallot, herbs
– Hummus mesabecha, sumac oil
Israeli salad, local cucumbers, heirloom tomato, Dough’s garden jalapeno and radish, mint, sumac, scallion
– Grilled Pita
– Chicken wings, baharat spice, preserved lemon aioli
– Fried cauliflower, pomegranate tehini, mint
– Roasted local carrots, babaganoush, olives, local queso fresco and pea shoots, harissa butter
– Shawarma spiced beef, muhamarra, crispy marble potato, nasturtium
– Merguez sausage, lebneh, pickled dates, couscous
– Fresh doughnuts, cinnamon apricot jam, lemon curd, eggplant jam