We make on average 200 food choices each day – and most of them we make without even thinking! The easiest way to make sure you get plenty lovely nutrients is to make them part of your breakfast. Here are some ideas to start the day right:
- Mini Quinoa Breakfast Quiches: In a bowl combine, 2 Eggs (Try some of our local options!), 2 cups Quinoa (from the bulk department), 1 Cup of Your favorite Veggies, and Spices of Your Choice! Bake at 350 degrees in a muffin tray.
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal: Adding pumpkin puree, milk of your choice, honey, and cinnamon gives oatmeal a delicious new spin! For added protein, add a scoop of Garden of Life’s Vanilla Raw Protein powder.
- The Never-fail Smoothie: The fastest way to get all those nutrients in one container. Alex King, HOO extraordinaire, shares his go-to smoothie ingredients.
A great smoothie should be simple to make and have the following components:
- Protein Powder- Stop by the Wellness Dept to find a protein powder that’s right for you! From brown rice to plant based proteins, there’s something for everyone! We love the varieties from Garden of Life and Orgain Organic Protein.
- Berries (Your Choice)
- Green Powder – Green powders are full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and chlorophyll.
- We love Vitaminerals Green by Health Force as an easy way to add more greens to your day! Flax Seeds or Chia Seeds – Both help thicken your smoothie to a rich consistency and are a great source of fiber!
- Cocoa Nibs for Crunch
3/6/9 Oil – Try Udo’s Choice 3/6/9 Oil by Flora! Essential Fatty Acids help the body at every level – supporting cells, glands, and organs!
Still short on time? Try Rad Vibe’s Smoothie Cubes! These nutrient rich cubes can be added to your choice of milk and greens in a blender. (My husband and I have been loving the butterscotch flavor cubes mixed with frozen kale and almond milk!) Mix and enjoy