The Great Basin Community Food Co-op (GBCFC) is open to the public every day of the week from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Everyone is Welcome, Anyone Can Join!
Own your grocery store! You can become a member during your next visit to the co-op, it only takes a moment. Member benefits begin immediately and just $20 will get you started on your investment towards a stronger and healthier Nevada-grown economy. The full membership share is $200 per person, most of our members choose to pay this in $20 installments over the course of 10 years. We Own It! SIGN UP HERE.
Shopping at the GBCFC
The GBCFC accepts food stamps, credit cards, local checks* and cash. *only current members are eligible to write checks at the co-op.
In addition to the pride of co-owning a cooperative business that makes a difference, as an owner you qualify for the following:
• Receive 10% of an entire purchase of your choice on a monthly basis.
• Enjoy member-owner only specials, coupons and discounts. Each month we email out a $5 off coupon in a particular department when you spend $10. Visit our website calendar for the monthly featured department.
• As a member-owner you can support a locally owned and operated business that is part of the community and puts money back in the local economy.
• Have a voice and vote in the co-op’s future. We are a democratically run organization & you can run for a seat on our board!
• Own the store where you shop and help make decisions that positively impact our community!
• Receive special order discounts on products ordered by the case from UNFI and select vendors.
• Receive an invitation to our annual membership party meeting where you can participate in the annual elections, meet great people, enjoy wonderful food and celebrate YOUR co-op!
In signing up for a membership you are helping to sustain a marketplace for over 120 local farmers, ranchers, producers and artisans. You are providing the much needed capital to support the co-op’s growth and you are playing an active role in creating Northern Nevada’s local food system! Learn more about Food Cooperatives and the GBCFC purpose statement and goals!