Everyone is welcome, anyone can join, and membership is not required to shop.
Own your grocery store! You can become a member-owner during your next visit to the co-op – it only takes a moment. Member benefits begin immediately and just $20 will get you started on your investment towards a stronger and healthier Nevada-grown economy. The full membership share is $200 per person, but most of our members choose to pay this in $20 installments over the course of 10 years. We Own It!
In addition to the pride of co-owning a cooperative business that makes a difference, as an owner you qualify for the following:
• Receive 10% off of an entire purchase of your choice each month.
• Enjoy member-owner only specials, coupons and discounts. Each quarter (every three months) we email out a $5 off coupon for a particular department – spend $10, get $5 off.
• As a member-owner you can support a locally owned and operated business that is part of the community and puts money back in the local economy.
• Have a voice and vote on the co-op’s future. We are a democratically run organization & you can run for a seat on our Board of Directors!
• Own the store where you shop and help make decisions that positively impact our community!
• Receive special order discounts on products ordered by the case from UNFI and select vendors.
• In signing up for a membership you are helping to sustain a marketplace for over 120 local farmers, ranchers, producers and artisans. You are providing the much needed capital to support the co-op’s growth and you are playing an active role in creating Northern Nevada’s local food system! Learn more about Food Co-ops and the GBCFC Purpose Statement & End Goals!
Shopping at the GBCFC
The GBCFC accepts food stamps, credit cards, cash and local checks. Only current members are eligible to write checks at the co-op.