Become a Vendor at GBCFC
At GBCFC we are always looking for products that will delight our customers and align with our values as a trusted retailer of local, organic and natural products. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you, look at your products, and discuss a potential partnership. We hope that the following information will be helpful as you prepare to bring your products to market. Here are a few steps we ask that you take before you submit products for consideration:
- Please verify that the items meet our product buying guidelines.
- Prepare the new vendor/product information described below.
- Drop off a product sample and information at our Customer Service desk OR contact one of the following department managers to schedule a meeting.
- All local & regional vendors need to first sign up on DROPP. If your products meet the co-op’s product buying guidelines then you will need to read, understand and adhere to our 2017 Delivery Rules & Packaging Guidelines.
Grocery Departments (includes Bulk, Packaged Grocery, Refrigerated, Frozen, Beer & Wine, Cheese & Meat)
Jacob Nachel (Jacob@greatbasinfood.coop | 775-324-6133 105)
Fresh Departments (includes Juice Bar, Produce & Prepared Foods)
Zach Cannady (firstname.lastname@example.org | 775-324-6133 x 101)
Wellness Departments (includes General Merchandise, Non Foods, Personal Care & Supplements)
Jolene Cook (email@example.com | 775-324-6133 x 104)
DROPP (includes all local & regional products and produce)
Nicole Sallaberry (firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.dropp.coop)
Finance Department (includes Accounts Payable & Receivable)
Michelle Glenn (Finance@greatbasinfood.coop | 775-324-6133 x 103)
New Vendor/Product Information
Be sure to learn more about our Product Buying Guidelines to learn more about what we will and willnot carry at the co-op. For new local vendors the information we require varies depending on the type of product we are reviewing. Typically, we will need:
- Contact person’s name, email, and address, along with a website address, if applicable
- A product sample in market-ready packaging including:
- Complete, accurate ingredients list with allergen listing that meets FDA requirements
- Nutrition facts panel or supplement facts panel, if required by regulatory agencies
- Accurate product weight
- Expiration date and/or lot code for tracing products
- Ideally, a UPC number (bar code)
- Costs & terms:
- Wholesale cost
- Suggested retail price (if applicable)
- Shipping & handling charges
- Preferred payment terms. In general, GBCFC provides payment by check within 30 days from the date the invoice is received. We do not provide payments by credit card.
- Quantity per case and minimum order quantities
- Order placement options (e.g., phone, email, website)
- Method and timeline of deliveries and invoicing. We prefer to receive an invoice with each delivery.
- Returns / credits policy
- Opportunities for promotional support (such as in-store product sampling and product discounts). If we determine that your product local (sourced from within our food shed), we will request a brief profile about your company along with a photo to help us promote your products.